The very kind and generous blogger known as The Ilongga recently awarded me with The Versatile Blogger Award. I am supremely grateful for this, especially for the fact she (or anyone else) takes the time and consideration to read what I write here. I will wear the award button proudly. So, my sincere thanks for the gesture and linkage. I’d note, this award has made the rounds in the blogosphere for some time. It is the second time I’ve received this web logging accord for doing what I do, but a first for this particular site. That said, in response I will update and reprise the post from my old blog I did when first presented with this prize. There is one exception I’ll make, however (you had to know there would be one of these). Since I’ve passed this on once already (see below), I’ll leave it at that and not add any new nominations on. I hope you’ll understand my thinking in this.
Last week, someone I always enjoy reading, the highly accomplished writer/blogger J.D. over at RADIATOR HEAVEN [and now The Ilongga] received worthy acclaim when he was bestowed with The Versatile Blogger award. This is an ideal prize for someone so multi-talented like him [and her]. You can add the word generous, too, because [they] shared his award with moi. To say the least, I am very honored to be in the same company with [the two] and the others [they] shared this with. Thank you, my friend [old and new]. Following his example, I’ll try “passing on this award to other blogs that I enjoy reading and that inspire me.”
The Rules for the Award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award (see above)
- Share 7 things about yourself (see below)
- Pass the award along to 15 who you have recently discovered and who you think fantastic for whatever reason (in no particular order – see way below)
- Contact the blogs you picked and let them know about the award.
So… here are those 7 things:
- I met my future wife at work by the copy machine (decades ago when the devices were large, rare, and expensive).
- I can’t stand the taste of coconut. Never have… never will. It doesn’t matter even if you try to hide it in a candy bar like Almond Joy or Mounds, it ain’t going down.
- Through the years, I’ve tried to visit many of the location sites from my favorite L.A. Movies (you can ask my wife).
- I adore brunettes.
- Though I can’t eat them like I once could, one of my favorite See’s Candy is aTipperary Bon Bon (I acquired a taste for them from my mother)
- I once was flexible enough I could place and hold my forehead onto my straighten legs (sadly, those days are long gone)
- I do not suffer from Triskaidekaphobia — in fact, I’m the polar opposite of that ;-).