As I sit here on this bright and cold (for us here in L.A.) Sunday morning, suffering from my second cold in three months, feeling a bit stuffy, I am nonetheless elated. You see, Mike of MikesFilmTalk (don’t let the name fool you as he covers books, too, as this and this review attest) has most generously nominated moi for another blogging award today:
I say another because he previously did the same just eight days ago:
Well my Christmas gift is running over! I can’t think of a better way to end the year (okay, there is one more, but you’ll have to wait until tomorrow for that). This is first Blog of the Year 2012 and my second Versatile award, but who is keeping score? Alright, I am. But, can you blame me? Don’t answer that.
As with most blogging awards there are rules. Whether it was or wasn’t stipulated, I’d profusely thank Mike, a blogger who came in my reading realm in 2012 in fact, for the double honor bestowed. You are a gentleman and a scholar, my friend.
So, let’s get on and share the wealth shall we?
The rules for accepting are as follows:
- Display the award certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever presented your award.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off.
- Post 7 interesting facts about yourself.
Blog of the Year 2012
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
- Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes, I am making one post to accept and pass on two blogging awards. I don’t think one dilutes the other. Besides, 2012 is not getting any younger ;-). So, here are the following more than worthy and versatile nominees:
- John Kenneth Muir’s Reflection on Cult Movies and Classic TV
- Pop Culture Nerd
- Tipping My Fedora
- Riding the High Country
- Committed to Celluloid
- The Focused Filmographer
- Radiator Heaven
- Stuff Running ‘Round My Head
- PG Cooper’s Movie Reviews
- Beguiling Hollywood
- Fog’s Movie Reviews
- Tim’s Film Reviews
- Defiant Success
- Criminal Movies
And while I think I’ve talked entirely too much about myself this year, here are seven more things:
- I began writing my first ever blog post on Father’s Day, 2008
- The oldest friend I have is also the only person I still talk to from my junior and senior high years
- I use to collect Bruce Lee memorabilia (I think I might still have an old still… somewhere)
- I’ve always played, and been passionate about, some physical sport
- Those sports that have met that criteria (since my teens), in chronological order: basketball, judo, cycling, archery, and today golf
- Ever since high school, I always had the thought I’d marry the love of my life
- I did.
I am grateful, beyond the awards I’ve received in these last few years, for the sheer thought-provoking and book/music/film scrutinizing joy blogging has provided. And none of it would have been possible except for the magnanimity of all those who take the time to scribble their ideas, reviews, and impressions on their personal websites. It really brings an unheard amount of delight into my life. To all of you, and this post only represents a small few who’ve affected me, my eternal thanks.