Finally catching up with articles (funny how things like that pile up), I needed to send a shout-out and a warm thank you to Mike, he of MikesFilmTalk, for awarding moi with a One Lovely Blog Award. And he did this back in September. Criminy! Told you I’m late. When I began to go through some of the man’s archives, I discovered Mike once lived in the same city as I. Given the sprawl of my hometown, we likely would have never met here in L.A.. That took years, him moving to England (separating us by over 5000 miles — check that, I mean just under 9000 kilometers), and the internet, to bring a connection between our blogs. What can I say? Cheers, mate!
As usual with these blogging awards, there is a convention to adhere to. This one has only 3 rules connected to it. Shorter and simple than most. Here goes:
I. Give credit to the awesome person who nominated you.
II. Describe 7 things about yourself
- I love the smell of ground coffee; I just can’t drink it.
- I have one superstition. Just one: I hate splitting a pole when walking with a loved one (and you will hear me say, “Bread and butter“, if it happens).
- My daughter inherited her hot-blooded temper (along with her hard nails and sense of direction) from her dad (to my wife’s chagrin).
- When I was a cyclist (oh, so long ago), I was only a so-so climber. But, I made up for it by descending hills like a madman (or so was said by those riding with me).
- I’m right-handed, but left-eye dominant (its the eye I’ll use with a camera viewfinder or a telescope).
- I took up archery in college because of the film Deliverance (1972).
- I never wanted to go camping, ever, after watching that same movie.
III. Nominate 15 other bloggers
Okay. Here are those who I think are more than worthy to receive this award. Per my usual caveat, all the bloggers can play along, if they wish to. This is a purely voluntary venture. And who came up with that number anyways?
- John Kenneth Muir, Reflections on Cult Movies and Classic TV
- J.D., Radiator Heaven
- Colin, Riding the High Country
- Elyse, Pop Culture Nerd
- Will, The Paxton Configuration
- Jamie, FilmVerse
- Max, ImpassionedCinema
- Jen, Jen’s Book Thoughts
- Ruth, FlixChatter
- Scott, Front Room Cinema
- Iba, I Luv Cinema
- Lesa, Lesa’s Book Critiques
- Marianne, Comedy of Errers
- Jeff, Stuff Running Round My Head
- Naomi, The Drowning Machine
Again, many thanks.