Book in Life as Meme – 2011 Edition
My good friend over at Pop Culture Nerd is at it again!
This book title meme just won’t die — just like Charlie Hardie in the above novel or Joe Pike in the one below. And I always fall for it. She got me to engage in this on my old blog last year. And for those who wish to take part, all you have to do is finish the sentences PCN has come up with for this year’s edition using the title of books you’ve read this year. Her answers are always more clever than mine, too. Damn her! So, I might as well give in to it:
- One time at band/summer camp, I: suffered a Free Fall (Robert Crais)
- Weekends at my house are: L.A. Requiem (Robert Crais)
- My neighbor is: Not Bad for a Human (Lance Henriksen and Joseph Maddrey)
- My boss is: The Dramatist (Ken Bruen)
- My ex was: Known to Evil (Walter Mosley)
- My superhero secret identity is: The Last Detective (Robert Crais)
- You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry because: Hell is Empty (Craig Johnson)
- I’d win a gold medal in: The Drunkard’s Walk (Leonard Mlodinow)
- I’d pay good money for: Jack’s Return Home (Ted Lewis)
- If I were president, I would: have plenty of Fun and Games (Duane Swierczynski)
- When I don’t have good books, I: know This Book is Overdue! (Marilyn Johnson)
- Loud talkers at the movies should be: given an Expiration Date (Duane Swierczynski)
Want to give this a try?
19 Responses to “Book in Life as Meme – 2011 Edition”
What an interesting meme! I don’t know if I can participate but it’s certainly fun to read your post, Michael. I love your 12th one, oh so true!!
It is a fun meme. And if you can, I’d love to read your answers, Ruth. Thanks.
p.s., #12 was the easiest to answer ;-).
Mine aren’t better; yours are hilarious! I was laughing out loud at your boss being melodramatic, your ex being friends with the devil, and your getting the gold medal in the drunkard’s walk. That takes mad skills.
Thanks for playing!
Y’know, I get lucky with the book titles I acquire (perhaps, this is why I pick ’em). Thanks for doing this one again.
Oh, these are great! I love ’em! I think my favourite is your gold medal one. Very creative and clever. 🙂
Welcome, Margot. And thanks very much for the kind words.
I love it! I would like to point out that it’s actually been two years ago that PCN hooked you – and me – on this! A few weeks ago I was even pestering her to make sure I hadn’t missed it. This is my favorite thing of the whole year! Fun stuff, Michael. 🙂
You’re right on that, Jen. Time really does fly, sometimes. Especially, when you have good and creative friends like you and Elyse. Thanks so much.
I’ve been working on mine, and – LOL – we have the same #7.
Ha! Can’t wait to see the rest of them, Naomi. Thanks.
Oh, good times! As soon as I get myself organized again (and, um, erm, another post written) I will play, too.
Ok, best go do some writing… 😉
Oooh, I can’t wait. Thanks, Rachel.
I love the one about the neighbor. Hilarious! I love this meme and your list.
Welcome, Jenn! Thanks very much, and I enjoyed your answers, too.
I like your answers (mainly because I’ve read a few of those books, haha).
I just love this meme, it’s so much fun.
I hope you can add to this, Poncho. Thanks, cousin.
Really fun!!! I want to give it a try 🙂
number 5 is hilarious!!
I have done something like this a year ago,but with music,here ( http://bokunosekai.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/lets-shuffle-the-music/ ) maybe you’re interested.It was quite funny.
I will definitely check out your music meme answers, Novroz. And I can’t wait for your book title answers to post! Thank you very much.
[…] this interesting book meme (book meme is quite rare, unlike movie meme) from Michael’s Blog, It Rain…You Get Wet. He got it from his friend over at Pop Culture Nerd […]